Tuesday, 28 June 2011

One of the Artist's that Joel has mentioned in his interview, was Masamune Shirow. He is a Japanese Manga illustrator. His best known manga is 'Ghost In The Shell'.
I find this work also interesting, as I enjoy looking at Manga and Anime drawings. Shirow has created more Manga then Ghost In The Shell, but it has been the best selling from his work.

Masamune Shirow isn't really his name. It is a pen name, that is based on a famous swordsmith from Japan. His work has been turned into Anime's.

I think I may use style of drawing for my final piece. But make sure it's different for my own style. I really enjoy looking at Manga and Anime pictures. I find them alot easier to draw as they have all the detail and they are easier to form. Also, I find them very interesting to create, because at times it could turn into anything.

The Anime version of his work can be seen that it's been made on a computer. The way there is no brush strokes, just bold colours with the shading that has been added, can be done with alot of practice on a computer. I have tried using a drawing tablet to create drawings like these on my computer, and I've found it is extremely hard to do when you haven't had much practice with it. They also use black outlines, which I find makes pictures more defined and bolder in contrast to their backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment